Monday, January 31, 2011

Milk & Honey Bread


This bread was delicious!  I have only baked bread once before a few months ago and saw this recipe on Tasty Kitchen.  I had all the ingredients in my kitchen, so I decided to quickly give it a whirl.

Begin by melting your butter in a pan.  After melted, remove from heat and add milk, honey and yeast.  
Allow the yeast to dissolve for a few minutes. 


You can really taste the honey in this bread... so yummy....

In a mixing bowl, combine salt and about two cups of your bread flour.  

Add your milk/yeast mixture to the dry mixture and "mix" on low speed until combined well.  

Slowly add in your last cup of flour with your dough attachment until a ball is formed.

Place dough in an oiled bowl and coat your dough with oil too.  Cover with a towel and allow to rise until doubled in size.

When dough is ready, punch down and turn out onto a floured work surface.  Knead dough slightly and you can either truly form the dough or just dump it into a greased bread pan.
 

This time, I actually formed mine.  It was like, folding... then kneading... then folding, etc.  
I think I did it correctly though....

If you form your loaf, make sure you place it seam side down in the pan!  
Allow to rise again until doubled in size. 

Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. 

While it's warm... SLATHER with butter and enjoy! 

Ingredients:
1 tbsp butter
1 1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp honey
3 cups bread flour
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
3/4 tsp salt
Pin It!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I also saw this on Tasty Kitchen and want to give it a try. I never have luck with recipes that require yeast, but this sounds simple enough and look so good!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, yum! I saw this recipe on TastyKitchen as well and have been hankering after some. Your pics make it look even more appetizing than ever. =)