I saw this recipe awhile ago online.... on Pinterest I think. I bookmarked it and have been really wanting to make them, but every time I think about it, I never do it! The other day I had a sweet tooth (what pregnant girl doesn't?!?) and the only ingredient I was needing to bake these, was unsalted butter. Lucky me, I was headed out to the grocery store. How convenient.
These were truly so fast to mix up and bake. And they are truly delicious. As soon as they came out of the oven, I broke one open, popped it in my mouth... while doing the breath in and out cool off thing... and then stood at the refrigerator with the doors open drinking straight out of the whole milk jug. Not only was it glorious, but it was pretty much at that very moment that I was glad my husband wasn't home because he would be telling me to NOT complain about gaining weight.... and if I WAS gaining weight, why was I pigging out? The baby needs it... I would have said....
Here is the recipe. Give them a try. You will not regret it. Well, unless you eat the whole batch and then step on the scale. But just don't do that. :)
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup sour cream
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In another bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla extract, mixing well.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Gently add in the chocolate chips until thoroughly combined.
6. Evenly divide the batter among the prepared cupcake liners so that the liners are about 3/4-full.
7. Bake until a tester inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean, about 16-18 minutes.