Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Chicken Fried Rice

This is a great and simple recipe that my mom emailed to me a few weeks ago.  My husband loves things like this and I remembered my mom making this every now and then when I lived at home.... so I decided I'd give it a whirl.

First start off by washing your chicken thighs (and I pulled off the skin) and adding some salt and pepper.  Bake them in the oven on 350 degrees until done.  I cannot remember how long mine baked... but I guess I knew they were finished because they were no longer screaming....

Get it???  heh... heh....






















When the chicken is finished baking, take all the meat off the bone and set aside.

Scramble about four eggs... more or less depending on how much you like in your rice and then set aside.

Set aside about 1/2 can of small green peas... drained. 

Cut up some green onions.... I like a lot of onions... 

And lastly.... cook your rice.  Again... however much you do or do not want.  I think I made enough servings for four.  And it was PLENTY!

Add your ingredients to a skillet.....























Then add your rice to the skillet.  Mix it all together... and VIOLA!!.... you have a simple chicken fried rice dish!


You can switch this recipe up however you like.... add some water chestnuts, or chopped carrots, or celery... or get creative!

 Add soy sauce to taste, throw a few egg rolls in the oven to eat with it and enjoy!!!  :)


Ingredients:

Four chicken thighs
Six green onions
Four eggs, scrambled
1/2 can green peas
Rice (about four servings)
Soy sauce
Pin It!

1 comment:

Kim Bee said...

This looks really good. Has anyone told you that you look like Anne Hathaway?