Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sweet Pickles



This is my Great Grandmother's recipe for nine day sweet pickles.  I remember being a small girl and always seeing them on the table for family holidays at her house in Bainbridge, GA.... there was no way I was touching them.... I hate pickles.  It wasn't until I was older and "fixin'" my own plate that I started eating them and never thought a thing about it.  They were the "sweet to my salty" and I liked them... along with everyone else.  I still hate pickles, regular pickles that is, but these are no regular pickles.  Many people want to confuse them with "bread and butter" pickles, but they are nothing of the sort.  They are a perfect addition to most meals and can also be used as a substitute for sweet relish when chopped up.... or simply eat them out of the jar... all by themselves.  Just you and the pickle.  ;)



These are great for family gatherings, holidays, Christmas gifts.... or for your own guilty pleasure.... without TOO much guilt.  :)  If you are interested in buying/ordering some of the 8 oz jars, you can email me at:  Browniessweetpickles@yahoo.com.  There are also jars for sale at Harvest Moon Market right outside of Bainbridge, GA on Hwy 84.
Pin It!

No comments: